Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pei Shan ke Jakarta

Jakarta Dec 2006

since today is such a slack day, i decided to post photos of my recent trip to Jakarta.

however, there is something wrong with the posting images feature so the photos aren't really in the order that i wanted to post them in. But well...

Enjoy!



We went to Taman Safari! You get to drive your cars in and feed some of the more docile animals. Actually i think you don't get to feed the animals but as you drive in there are so many stalls selling carrots for animals so we bought some, not knowing it was not allowed. But virtually every car that drove in fed the animals.

My uncle was very scared the animals would pop their heads in. I was only afraid the llamas would spit at me when i try to feed them. ha...



I don't think everyone wants to see photos of animals that we can see at the zoo, so hahha. just some to let you see where i've been.


Elephant poop! I got the privilege of watching the elephants pee and shit. It's a sight man! When they pee, it's like turning on this huge tap. And they have such smooth bowels. Very well-formed poop balls that pass out easily. Cute. hahha


At our second villa, we went to this warm water swimming pool. Quite cool cos i haven been to any swimming pool where the water is warmed for you. The place was quite cold so i guess they need to warm up the water if not no one will go. My uncle says it used to be cooler a few years ago. We are feeling the direct effects of global warming!




My super duper cute and lovely cousin, Yonathan. He's a boy by the way. Just that his hair is very long and some pple think he's a girl. He's so cute and energetic and sweet! =) He loves to swim too...




My first time on a horse! It truly felt like an i-gallop experience. I think my horse is a bit siao siao, it started at the end of the pack, very much after the other two horses but ended up at the front by the end of the short walk. cos it was really galloping! rather than walking. I was so scared!




All the king's horses and all the king's men.



Me and yonathan on a horse. He din get to ride, only took a photo. haha. he was screaming in the car when my uncle drove him in the car alongside our horses. But he looks so stoned here. Maybe he was scared. hahahha. anyway, he looks super cute in this striped overalls.


A Japanese-styled villa at the estate near my uncle's villa. Very nice! in comparison to my uncle's right below. hahhaha..




Looks like a normal terrace house. Pretty small too and the attic's fake. But i think u could probably reconstruct a room. I would if I had a house like that. And the room up at the attic would be mine! where all the skeletons live. hahahhahah.




There was a mini bitter gourd growing right outside the house. So cute.


The first villa we went to. It's my uncle's in Sentul. Actually it's just a very small terrace house of sorts which pple there buy as holiday homes. It's a very nice and quiet estate, a very nice place to live in and not just for the hols. Very well-maintained too! It's quite rare to find clean and manicured streets in indonesia so this was a fresh change!



And when you walk around the estate, you get to see mountain views and paddy fields. It's really so refreshing. Imagine if u had a work from home job and you get to enjoy fresh air everyday and insulate yourself from the stress outside. it's sweet!



My cousin, Yosia. Too bad he closed his eyes.

No comments: